Friday, March 7, 2014

Old crayons turned into bookmarks!

I bought my kids a new box of Crayola Crayons the other day. Getting a whiff of new crayons took me right back to elementary school. I love the smell.

So, I told my 12 year old daughter that when I was a kid my mom would grate up some old crayons between 2 sheets of waxed paper and iron it just long enough to melt the shavings. Then we would cut them down to whatever size we wanted and TADA you had a pretty bookmark. So, that is what we tried with our old crayons, and here are the results. My daughter used a crayon sharpener to shave her crayons and I used a serrated knife. The knife was a lot faster. Oh and put down some paper towels under and over your waxed paper when you iron it. In case any seeps out. You want to protect your iron and your work space. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you give this a try. 
Hugs, Dawn


1 comment: