Monday, February 10, 2014

Magazine Page Monday

   
Another Monday means another magazine page! I started out gesso'ing, (gessoing, gesso-ing) my pages and then added some embossing ink through some tape backing that has these little holes all over it. Then I added UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) to the ink. Here is what that looks like:
Gorgeous! Right? Lol maybe a little too soon to tell. So let's continue shall we? We shall :)
So I plopped some Magenta Paint onto these pages and then saturated the whole shebang with water and smeared it all around with a paintbrush. Once that was dry, I used a baby wipe to wipe the paint off the embossed areas. I then went around the edges with a purple dye based ink spray and blotted off any excess. Then I used my gesso again to block in the heart and then the letters. You can tell at the bottom of the pages I started to run out of room before letters so I had to squeeze them in there a little. I still like the way it looks. I painted over the gesso with acrylic paint and then drew over all that with painty pens, sharpies, 
Bic Mark it's etc. 
As always thanks for looking and I hope you have a fantastic and blessed Monday!
Hugs, Dawn

3 comments:

  1. I really like this. Great use of multi media and that heart is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you :) You have no idea how much I appreciate your taking the time to comment. You made my day.

      Delete
  2. WOW WOW WOW this is beautiful!! Love the use of the UTEE so cool! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete