Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Art Spark Wednesday!

           Welcome to this week's Art Spark Wednesday. I had fun playing with some homemade spray inks. Some worked, some didn't. I think I learn more from what doesn't work than what does. Which reminds me of something Donna Downey said in one or two of her Inspiration Wednesday videos on YouTube (look her up if you haven't already, you won't regret it). She taught me to go with those "what if..." moments.What is a what if moment? Well, let's say you're in the middle of  creating a masterpiece and something in your brain says.....what if.....? (what if I paint this sky orange, what if I poke holes in my canvas, etc). By all means try it! You could end up with something really cool and unexpected. You could also end up with a mess that makes you slap your forehead and ask "what was I thinking. Either way you are learning something. And learn I did. I won't lie, I had some forehead slapping moments.....

I cut 2" paper squares from patterned paper and adhered them to my pages with Aleene's Clear Tacky Glue. That glue holds really well by the way. Then I went through my stash and found chipboard, diecuts, paper flowers and added them to my 2" squares. 

Then I sprayed, painted, drew, slung and anything else to help things along.
Here is the video:


I added the quote and the bicycle diecut and VIOLA! 
Thanks for stopping by to have a look. I hope this Wednesday finds you creating.
Hugs, Dawn


5 comments:

  1. Love your ideas! I've downloaded few of your digistamps to use on Operation Write Home cards. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am glad you found some things here to use for Operation Write Home. You are very welcome.

    ReplyDelete