Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christy Tomlinson Inspired

Hello :)
 So I was watching this video yesterday by Christy Tomlinson. It inspired me to create some artwork. I had an old Christmas box that I cut apart and used one of the side panels as my base. I painted some gesso on it to hide the Christmas pattern. Then I made some marks in the Gesso with the end of a paintbrush. Let it dry and began to add some paint smears :)

I made my own flowers out of scrapbook paper scraps from the 6x6 Serendipity paper pad. I think Basic Grey makes it. I just cut some wonky "circles" and layered them. Then scrunched them up a bit and stapled the layers together. I added a brad to the centers and in Christy Tomlinson style, added some paint to them. I free hand cut the vase and adhered it to my base.

I added some rub-ons, ink drops, and doodling. As well as some stamping in Black Staz-On. 

I punched 2 holes at the top and threaded some ribbon through the holes, so I can hang it on my wall.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look.
Hope you have a fantastic day.
Hugs, Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment