Monday, January 24, 2011

The Economy....

......has claimed another victim. Scrapper's Gallery, the scrapbook store I worked at has gone out of business. The owners hung on as long as they could, but in the end they made the difficult decision of closing the store. Saturday was the last day. I will miss it greatly. I will miss being greeted by people who knew my name upon seeing my face. I will miss the colorful walls of papers, ribbons, and flowers. But most of all I will miss our customers, who came in week after week to share their love of paper.

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

Here's hoping I see the open door when it reveals itself to me.

5 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear this sad news. hope that a better news await you...
    hugs, Heaney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that, Dawn. Hope you find something else soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heaney and Bob :)
    I'm sure something will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very sorry to hear that! I hope things will get better for you and the store's owners

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that Dawn - fingers crossed that as one door closes another one opens...hopefully to somewhere as nice or even nicer than where you were before :)

    ReplyDelete