Thursday, March 11, 2010

Illustration Friday: Brave

The word this week at Illustration Friday is Brave. Never in a million years would I have looked under my bed for a monster as a kid. I was scared if I left a hand or toe out from under the covers, and God forbid over the side of my bed, that something would grab me, yank me under there and I would disappear forever. The child in my drawing doesn't have that fear, or at least can push past it and check things out. Thanks for looking :)
The original sketch



I consider myself brave for posting this today. I wasn't going to because it's, well, whacked out. But I did it anyway :) Yay me! More practice using my tablet, and a way to see my progress. If'n there is any lol.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent drawing!! Wow, I wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great piccie :) I love it. Yes, me too wish I could draw like that. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was never afraid of anything under the bed as a child. now when i got older..... that's a different story! my fear to this day is having an exposed back. don't like that at all. and don't even ask me to be the LAST person on line either.

    but this is good and you broke a long-time fear i'm sure. good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG this is AMAZING!! I am proud of you for posting it, YOU ROCK and I wish you could see it! I wish I was even 1/16 th as talented as you!!!!!! I love ya and love your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did that with a tablet? I thought it was a real brushed painting! LOL Great job and I love this brave scene. You inspire me so much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really proud of you for posting hun, good on ya...
    as for being scared, not when I was little, but now I get scared when I wake up and my arm or leg is hanging out of the bed. And I've got my hubby there who is 6"5 so I think he would protect me lol ....feel really stoopid now lol

    huge hugs hun keep ya chin up xxx Shell xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont know why you would be worried about posting this? it is really wonderful, looks like you are getting the hang of the tablet. the color is marvelous and i especially love that teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, Dawn! I'm so glad you were brave enough to share it. I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on it. I love your wacky sense of humor. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Dawn!!

    Nikki
    xx
    http://nikkis-attic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete