Monday, April 20, 2009

The Pink Elephant Challenge #11

This week's challenge at The Pink Elephant is: (Insert direct copy and paste.....TADA, lol)
For Mom(Happy Mother's Day or Happy Birthday Mom)and/or Don't Throw That Away (Recycle, Reuse)you can submit 1 project (Mother's Day or Recycle) OR you can submit a project for both themes this week!!! Think of it as 2 chances to win!!
So I decided what better time to make a gift for my Mama!!! First I will show you my Recycled Project. I used a tin can (From Manwich ;), to create a pencil holder, or whatever else she wants to put in there. It came out really cute considering I made my own pattern!!
Before:

After: I sewed this cover......twice. The first one was to small to slip over the can, I didn't give myself enough wiggle room with the seam allowance >.< There is a liner inside the can too, which you can't see in the photo. In retrospect I prolly could've gotten the same result from simply using a hot glue gun .....but where's the fun in that?? I did use the glue gun to add the trim and ribbon ;)

I can't send Ma a gift and no card. Nope, nope, nope. (I hope you aren't viewing my blog mom, if you are....pretend you didn't see these lol). With that I have 2 chances to win!! :)

So happy together...(everybody sing!)
Thanks for looking!!!

9 comments:

  1. Totally adorable! Your mom will be so happy and proud when she gets these wonderful gifts from you. (Of course her best present is a talented, creative daughter who brings a smile to the faces of all who know her...me included) Thanks for coming by to see me again!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is adorable - I must have a go at making one along the same lines for my desk. It's beautiful and the gift card just makes it complete. Your mum will be thrilled and I'm sure is she is reading your blog she will close her eyes and not look!! LOL
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to hop on over after you left me such a sweet comment on my blog :o) Thank you! and I am bowled over by your great crafty makes! Your Mom is gonna love this set.
    Hugs
    Sandra x
    ...Hang on a minute.... you don't look old enough to have 4 kids...are they quadruplets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, what a great idea for a mom gift..

    Thanks for joining us at TPE

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fantastic projects Dawn! I love the pencil holder and the card matches it beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute... I love the pencil holder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these Dawn and i'm sure your Mum will too! Glad to see you are making good use of your candy winnings :) Thanks for playing along...

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn,

    Great recycling. Very cute colors! I love those polkas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Dawn These are Fabulous!! Your Mom is gonna love them!!

    I really appreciate you joining us this week at TPE!!

    HUGS~ LORI BOYD

    ReplyDelete